Feb 27, 2008

Leaving Louisburg



I used to live in Louisburg. We just sold our house after several years on the market, having to flee within two-hours' notice whenever someone saw the sign and wanted to look around. So it hardly felt like it was ours regardless.

My wife, Beth, and I have downsized ourselves, moving from a ranch house with basement on an acre of land to a one-bedroom apartment just west of Wake Forest, on the other side of the Wakefield Commons shopping center. I can now walk to go see a movie. I'll never have the time, but it's nice knowing it's close.

My commute to work used to be a half hour. Though that was through our Franklin County coverage area, it's not the same as being a part of the daily life of the town one works in. Now that I live almost directly in my coverage area as a reporter-photographer for The Wake Weekly newspaper I expect to have tidbits and musings about my daily J-life that I can post to the blog. Perhaps I'll get a following. Perhaps no one will ever see it. Perhaps I'll get fired for not being conservative enough.

Whatever happens, I'm happy just to be writing again, for myself, even if it is job-related.

Check back for more goings on - including pictures - from time to time. I expect I'll post 2-3 times a week.

Ciao, David Eliot Leone

No comments: